To write, edit and publish a work of fiction in eight hours or less. Feel free to write whatever you wish, no restrictions. The author is responsible for all aspects of the creative process, including cover creation (whether you do it yourself or have someone else do it) and posting it to at least one major e-book vendor (typically Amazon).
1. Everyone is welcome to participate in the challenge.
2. You may take the challenge as often as you like.
3. You are free to write whatever you like. No work will be excluded because of its subject matter or genre.
4. The hours worked do not have to be consecutive.
5. Although writers are encouraged to attempt the challenge in eight hours or less, they may use up to 24 hours to ensure quality and completion of their work.
6. E-mail me the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m., August 31st, 2014 (early submissions help tremendously):
- Author Name
- Total Words
- Completion Time (This is used to determine the 8/12/24 hour categories.)
- Book Cover (Please limit this to 350 pixels in width.)
- About The Author (No more than a paragraph or two.)
- Date(s) free
- Link(s) (If it's not on Amazon, a link to one of the other major vendors will do. Affiliate links are accepted.)
- Additional Comments (Optional. Tell us what you learned from the challenge, obstacles that you had to overcome, shameless promotion, etc.)
Please don't ruin it for those who are participating. If you disagree with what we're doing, refrain from commenting here and start your own thread instead.
If you read something that you really like, please consider leaving the author a review.
Please, don't be shy or intimidated. Take a chance on yourself. You'll be glad you did!
And yes, I will be taking the challenge at least once more this month.
So what are you waiting for? Write your masterpiece today!